Saturday, January 29, 2011

DAMMIT!

Week 7: 1/24/11 - 1/30/11 (11 weeks remain)

Monday: Last day of ski trip!

Tuesday: 10 miles w/ 5 mile lactate threshold run. Ran the extended Boston Common & Commonwealth Ave loop for my first day back after taking a little vacation. I actually got snowed on a bit at the start of the workout as I was crossing over the Longfellow Bridge, although it was only a light dusting, and had mostly stopped by the time I got to Boston Common. The LT portion itself went pretty well; I was trying to up the pace this week, and it felt pretty good.

Wednesday: 14 miles, medium-long run. I was feeling pretty good today, so I actually ended up running a large portion of this run (~10 miles or so) at an uptempo pace as well. Guess all that time off last week paid off.

Thursday: 5 miles on the treadmill. Not much else to say.

Friday: I actually didn't run today; spent all day running around between conferences and trying to buy 4 lbs of meat for a roast (as it turns out, you can't just walk into a market and pick up a cut of meat this large...), then cooking and consuming said roast. Today I'm apparently on the "fatty plan" :-P.

Saturday: Another 5 on the treadmill.

Sunday: DAMMIT! Started to feel not-so-great last night after dinner. I thought it was just a bad case of allergies, and went to bed early, only to wake up in the middle of the middle of the night struggling to breathe and blasting snot everywhere (you're all welcome for that awesome visual imagery, by the way :-P). Looks like I'm sick :-/.

Total weekly mileage: 34 <-- Shit :-/. Well, at least the workouts I actually ran this week were pretty good.

I'm inclined to take it kinda easy early next week just to make sure that I'm actually really well before I start running around in the freezing frakkin' cold again. I'd rather take an extra day off to get well than try to come back too soon and end up making myself sick again. Hopefully I can bounce back fairly quickly with some good sleep.

No comments: