Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I've spent the previous 10 days or so in a more or less perpetual haze... for some reason, I'm always tired. I'm going to back off the intensity a tiny bit this week and see if it's just because last week represented a step up in intensity from when I got back from Atlanta. I'm planning on doing between 40 and 45 miles this week, maybe not quite as fast as I've been doing them (in retrospect, I've actually been running my mileage so far pretty hard. When I think about how fast I've been running this relative to how fast we customarily run at Tech on regular runs, I've been going substantially over this speed).

Monday: Down at the beach again.

Miles: 8

Tuesday: Ran up into the hills above Palos Verdes. Started off a little quick for the first 2.5 miles or so, then ran up to the old Peninsula cross county course. Ran the course as a hill workout (it's pretty much all either up- or downhill - seriously, there's maybe a half or three quarters of a mile of relatively flat terrain on the entire course). After I got off the course, ran the other 2.5 miles back again. Picked up the pace to somewhere around 6:30 on the way back. Felt surprisingly easy, particularly given the hill running :-).

Miles: 8

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Sleep! You need sleep and good food! Rest up, homeslice.

KB

Garrett said...

Yeah dude know what you mean about being tired. I charged up from 20 to 40 to 50 miles per week, and I started feeling it. I ended up taking 2 days off when I visited Watts in NYC and feel substantially better. Yeah 6:30 is pretty quick too. It won't hurt to chill at 7 min pace. You could also try alternating longer and shorter runs, like a 12 mile, than 6 mile, as opposed to two 9 mile runs, just for some fun.

Markkimarkkonnen said...

oh cuuuuuuupcake

where aaaaaaare you?